Cerebrovascular disease refers to various diseases of the blood vessels in the brain. It can cause transient or lasting local or diffuse brain damage, resulting in disability or death of the patient. It includes cerebral atherosclerosis, thrombosis, stenosis, occlusion, cerebral arteritis, cerebral artery injury, cerebral aneurysm, intracranial vascular malformation, cerebral arteriovenous fistula, etc.
Typical symptoms include headache, dizziness, intellectual and consciousness impairment, and in severe cases, aphasia, hemiplegia, and loss of control of urination and defecation.
How is cerebrovascular disease treated?
It can be treated by a combination of drugs and surgery.
Control risk factors: Strictly control blood pressure, regulate lipids, improve insulin resistance and abnormal metabolism in diabetes, and quit smoking. Give targeted therapeutic drugs to relieve symptoms, improve prognosis and prevent complications. Use surgical or interventional treatment for hemostasis, elimination of hematoma, and improvement of cerebral blood supply. Early rehabilitation after stabilization is particularly important for the functional recovery of patients with cerebrovascular disease.
1,Ischemic stroke: Early anticoagulation therapy with oral warfarin for at least six months can stop or reduce the incidence of TIA, followed by aspirin therapy.
2,intracranial hemorrhage: blood pressure control with intravenous administration of antihypertensive drugs; administration of hemostatic agents, such as lidocaine, aminobenzoic acid and 6-aminocaproic acid, etc.
3,subarachnoid hemorrhage: the common methods to relieve vasospasm include slow intra-arterial injection of 0.3% poppy bicarbonate solution, intra-arterial injection of nimotone solution and “3H” treatment (hypertension, hypervolemia and hemodilution); hormones can be applied to stabilize lysosomes and cell membranes provided that the patient’s blood pressure and diabetes are under control. Calcium channel blockers can prevent intracellular calcium overload, and barbiturates can reduce the infarct size.
1,ischemic stroke (1) stenosis of the external carotid artery: the available procedures are carotid endarterectomy (CEA), angioplasty, carotid artery bypass, Fogarty catheter method, etc. (2) Embolic stenosis occlusion of the intracranial artery: optional procedures include extracranial-intracranial artery anastomosis, intracranial grafting of the greater omentum, temporalis cerebral apposition, intracranial artery thrombus removal, etc.
2,hemorrhagic stroke cranial hematoma removal, simple cranial drilling, puncture hematoma drainage, stereotactic cerebral hematoma fragmentation aspiration, etc.
3,other cerebrovascular diseases such as neck clamping of intracranial aneurysm, fistula occlusion of carotid cavernous sinus fistula, percutaneous endovascular angioplasty, stent implantation, etc.
What is good for cerebrovascular patients to eat?
1, low salt, low fat and less acid, avoid high sugar diet.
Most cerebrovascular patients are caused by hypertension, hyperglycemia, hyperlipidemia and other such dangerous factors that lead to atherosclerosis of the main arteries, so special emphasis on the diet is low salt, low fat and less acid, avoid high sugar diet is very beneficial to control hypertension.
( 1 ) low salt : too much salt will lead to an increase in blood pressure, which invariably increases the pressure on the blood vessel wall, and will accelerate the aging of blood vessels under excessive tension for a long time.
( 2 ) low fat less acid: human blood is weakly alkaline, such as long-term consumption of acidic food, will make the blood of carbon dioxide and lactic acid content increases, thus accelerating the aging of blood vessels. Therefore, fish, meat, eggs and other acidic food to eat less, fat, cream, sweets and animal offal and other high-fat, high-sugar, high cholesterol food to eat less.
( 3 ) avoid high sugar : sugar is the body’s first source of heat, but if too much sugar intake, the body can not use, it will be converted into fat stored in the body, easy to gain weight, but also very easy to lead to elevated blood lipids, and elevated blood lipids is the culprit of cardiovascular disease, can damage the elasticity of blood vessels and the health of the blood vessel wall, aggravating the development of the disease.
2, light diet.
Cerebrovascular patients can also be a light diet, cerebrovascular patients if combined with some hyperuricemia and so on need to pay special attention to light in the diet.
(1) tomatoes are rich in various vitamins, which can improve the body’s oxidative capacity, eliminate free radicals in the body, protect the elasticity of blood vessels and prevent thrombosis.
(2) corn is rich in fat, a large number of unsaturated fatty acids and linoleic acid can help the body fat, cholesterol normal metabolism, reduce the accumulation of cholesterol, softening arterial blood vessels.
(3) Banana nutritional value is very high, appropriate consumption of bananas, not only can accelerate the body’s metabolism, but also can effectively reduce the body’s cholesterol content, to a certain extent can also inhibit the rise of blood sugar, conducive to the health of cardiovascular disease.
(4) kelp is rich in rock algae polysaccharide, kombucha, can prevent thrombosis, lower cholesterol, lipoprotein, inhibit atherosclerosis.
(5) Onion contains prostaglandin A, which can relax blood vessels, reduce blood viscosity, reduce vascular pressure, and also enhance the activity of fibrinolysis, lower blood lipids, and anti-atherosclerosis.
(6) Pumpkin contains a large amount of starch, rich in dietary fiber, can promote human digestion and absorption, effective discharge of harmful substances, and play a positive role in the human body. Thus, it has a positive effect on patients with cardiovascular diseases.
(7) Wood fungus contains a lot of nutrients, cardiovascular disease patients travel to eat more wood fungus, because wood fungus has the role of reducing blood clots, preventing the occurrence of thrombosis and other diseases, softening blood vessels, and has a very good effect on the prevention of heart disease.
The diet of cerebrovascular patients needs to be balanced, to prevent malnutrition along with excess nutrition, and to maintain health with a healthy diet.
Be sure to pay attention to regular life, proper arrangements for adequate sleep and rest, watching TV, playing poker, playing mahjong, chatting can not be too late.
According to the physical and mental condition, do various health activities regularly. Especially people suffering from cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases should pay more attention to persistent and suitable physical activities, but the amount of exercise should not be too large. Obese, high blood fat, high blood sugar patients adhere to jogging, walking, cycling, qigong and other moderate exercise, with comprehensive treatment, will receive good results.
Cardiovascular and cerebrovascular generally turn to pick some patients with weak resistance, so it is recommended that we should usually exercise more, enhance physical fitness, while less smoking and alcohol abuse. Especially for fat patients, it is necessary to abstain and eat more nutritious meals to balance the nutrition in the body. If you have any other cerebrovascular diseases, please feel free to consult with your patients!